[Qt] 64 bit problems

Giulio Bernardi ugilio at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 29 21:55:17 CEST 2007

>I still have problems... but it's very strange.
>After your patch, lazarus starts (via ./startlazarus). However keeps
>crashing when starting it with ./lazarus, and gdb tells me something that
>shouldn't be related to the timer issue.

Ok, sorry, it's not a bug related to 64 bit, However it's a qt interface bug
:P
You can reproduce it this way:

edit your .lazarus/protocol.xml so that it's like that:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<CONFIG>
  <Protocol Version="1">
    <LastProjectLoading Failed="True"/>
  </Protocol>
</CONFIG>

start lazarus with ./lazarus.

It fails even on 32 bit, in the way in wrote in the other mail.
I think it should be a qt-interface bug because a gtk compiled lazarus
starts fine in these conditions.

Probabily I had my protocol.xml set like that because of former crashes of
qt-lazarus, and then I had it crashing because of this (not 64 bit) bug :P

bye,
Giulio