[Qt] New Qt patch - TCalendar implemented

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Fri Jun 22 19:14:53 CEST 2007

On Friday 22 June 2007 18:30, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Did you update your sources recently? applying the patch showed some
> conflicts

not on my site. What are rejected files - code ?
my patch:

At revision 11353.
[linda at houston lazarus]$ patch --dry-run -p0 < qtupdate-r11352.patch
patching file lcl/interfaces/qt/qtobjects.pas
patching file lcl/interfaces/qt/qtwidgets.pas
patching file lcl/interfaces/qt/qtwsstdctrls.pp
patching file lcl/interfaces/qt/qtwsextctrls.pp
patching file lcl/interfaces/qt/qtwscalendar.pp
patching file lcl/interfaces/qt/qtint.pp

my real patch:
[linda at houston lazarus]$ patch -p0 < qtupdate-r11352.patch
patching file lcl/interfaces/qt/qtobjects.pas
patching file lcl/interfaces/qt/qtwidgets.pas
patching file lcl/interfaces/qt/qtwsstdctrls.pp
patching file lcl/interfaces/qt/qtwsextctrls.pp
patching file lcl/interfaces/qt/qtwscalendar.pp
patching file lcl/interfaces/qt/qtint.pp

> Also, I don't like comments with questions (no-one will answer them in
> the code, they should be instead discussed on the mailling lists)

I don't like many things, but have to live with it ;)

> +  {we have a bug in LCL when parent is TCustomCheckGroup, it doesn't
> set sizes for items ?!? Width = 0 , Height = 0}

question is there until resolved , if you don't like just delete it.

> IMHO comments should be simple, stick to the point of why the code was
> put there and inpersonal (so no need for signatures, svn will reveal
> who wrote it if that matters).

no it doesn't matter ...

> And the HiddenButton issue seams to become an ugly hack on our
> widgetset code .... maybe a solution in LCL should be made instead

nope, if there's no radio button named "HiddenRadioButton" (inside TRadioGroup
only) nothing happens, as soon as somebody fix LCL (think someone said that's
because of gtk), workaround will be removed.

> Also, please note that we are now going to support Qt 4.2 too

I saw that

> So, when adding qt4 unit to new units see what I did on the other
> units to add selectively qt4 or qt42 units

yep, I've already sent patch when I saw that there's missing Qt42 ifdef in
QtWSCalendar.

> Further, there are some ifdefs for the mdi things. Is this unstable or
> something like that? IMHO if they don't cause bugs we can just remove
> the ifdefs and change to IFNDEF USE_QT_4_2

MDI is far away from unstable, I'm using it almost every day, it's not yet
finished but it doesn't make any bugs.I don't like too much ifdef's too but
if U remove {$ifdef mdidevel}  mainform will be always created with
QWorkspace inside (we cannot change formstyle to mdiform yet - LCL problem
not widgetset), my opinion would be: let it be {$IFDEF MDIDEVEL} for some
time until better solution comes to our minds.

> Also, please add IFDEFs around functions not available on Qt 4.2

Which functions are not available under Qt42 except MDI things ?
I don't have Qt42 anymore so no chance to test against it.

zeljko