[Qt] viewportEvent of QAbstractScrollArea

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Wed Oct 3 08:36:42 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 02 October 2007 22:45, Den Jean wrote:
> > > Is this what you wanted ? If not, tell me what to change. When
> > > everything is coordinated I will release a final V1.52 for all
> > > platforms.
> >
> > Yes Den, this is I wanted.
>
> I still think it is better to use eventfilter to be able to use
> descendants aswell. But I released V1.52 with this request anyhow.
> http://users.pandora.be/Jan.Van.hijfte/qtforfpc/fpcqt4.html
>
> I do not really understand your problem. When I look at the cpp code
> of abstractscrollarea.cpp I just see an eventfilter aswell:
> ...    viewport->installEventFilter(viewportFilter);
> But I am not sure and have no time to dig deep into LCL.

tnx, that's we need, I've measured painting speed yesterday (just visually),
but I can say that painting on viewport instead of all abstractscrollarea is
at least 50% faster (you can see that if u compile widgetset
with -dQtPaintOnViewport, and then use TStringGrid with 1000...2000 rows with
some text inside), and it fixes some scrolling issues which we have at the
moment with all TCustomControls descendants.

zeljko