[Qt] QAbstractSpinBox_lineEdit(...)

Den Jean Den.Jean at telenet.be
Wed Sep 12 19:21:49 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 12 September 2007 16:10:03 Павел Ишенин wrote:
> Den, can you add protected function to bindings?

quick hack:

qt4.pas:
function QAbstractSpinBox_lineEdit(handle: QAbstractSpinBoxH): QLineEditH;
cdecl; external QtIntf name 'QAbstractSpinBox_lineEdit';

lib source code:
QLineEditH QAbstractSpinBox_lineEdit(QAbstractSpinBoxH handle)
{
	return (QLineEditH) ((QAbstractSpinBox *)handle)->lineEdit();
}

compile output:
../qt-x11-opensource-src-4.2.3//include/QtGui/../../src/gui/widgets/qabstractspinbox.h:130:
error: ‘QLineEdit* QAbstractSpinBox::lineEdit() const’ is protected
lib/qabstractspinbox.cppb:186: error: within this context

bad luck ;-)
So I will see what I can do, this will not be an easy thing.
I know what to do manually (derive a class,change access specificier,misuse
typecast,...), but is too bad I do not have a nice generator framework.
Perhaps I will just postpone the generator modification
till I get more requests for protected functions.

So I will look into it, but have some patience.

regards,

Den Jean