[Qt] qt laz arm tpanel prob

Terry Kemp klc at klc.net.nz
Wed Apr 2 21:42:59 CEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-02 at 19:15 +0200, Den Jean wrote:
> 1) Embedded not supported target yet.
> The WIN/MAC/X11 sources are the same,
> except for the defines, but embedded were not.
> I think this is still the case (haven't tried lately)

understood. works OK though - mostly.
In fact the only obvious issues I have struck so far are...
no session manager so no window borders, weird panel borders if color
changed, and shapes don't know where to draw themselves so the go to top
left of screen.

> I should extend the binding generator for
> a new target platform. As this is probably a lot of work
> and I did not have a professional incentive anymore,
> it just did not happen yet. The current Qt2/E binding
> is fine for the Zaurus(gcc 2.9x.y).
> I do not have another arm platform.
>

> 2) Qt 4.4.0:
> I am still at Qt 4.3.X.
> BTW, Qt 4.4 is still beta.
>
> Suggestion: try qtopia 4.3.4

the Gumstix hardware was locked into 18bit mode for display and qt 4.4.0
beta has support for this which I am testing.
they have just released a 16bit version so now I can try with stable
version of QT.

I had to undefine -D BINUX and def out a couple of other session manager
calls to compile the binding for arm. I have compiled the binding for
arm against qtopia-core and an OE build of qtopia-X11 for arm. so far I
have only linked laz programs with the qt 4.4.0 libs. will try the
others and report on progress later.

Thanks

Terry