[Qt] Mac binary installer

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Wed Dec 10 08:13:30 CET 2008

On Tuesday 09 December 2008 22:20, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 11:50 AM, zeljko <zeljko at holobit.net> wrote:
> > Yes, as soon as we go with qt-44 as default :)
>
> If you want to upgrade to qt-44 as default (or even drop 4.3) it's ok for
> me.
>
> The latest Mandriva comes with Qt 4.4.
>
> But I think we should draw a line somewhere and don't just upgrade
> when Qt 4.5 comes, otherwise we will never support anything except the
> very latest linux distributions.

4.5 is the top of 4.X series and we have to go in that direction (devel) when
it comes out.
Most important reason to go to 4.5 is pen modes which are implemented in 4.5 ,
but not in earlier versions, many bugs (especially boundsRect() on all
platforms) are fixed etc... 0.9.28 should be 4.4 by default.
So, it's cost of development.There will be define USE_QT_45 when it comes out
(post 0.9.28), but I'm sure that it will not make troubles like transition
4.3->4.4, since bindings will not be changed so much, except for painter
composition enums, and QPainter addon funcions like fillRect().