[Qt] x86_64 qt bindings

Chris Rorden rorden at gwm.sc.edu
Mon Jun 16 19:47:11 CEST 2008

Hello-

First of all, great work on the progress with the QT widgetset. I am using it with my 32-bit Linux applications. I would also like to distribute this with my open source 64-bit applications.

I installed QT in the same manner as the 32-bit Linux, using the wiki and the distribution from
  http://users.pandora.be/Jan.Van.hijfte/qtforfpc/fpcqt4.html
Lazarus built the LCL for QT without complaint.

However, when I attempt to build my application using
 > lazbuild ./mricron.lpr --ws=qt
I get the following error
Linking mricron
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/lib/libqt4intf.so when searching for -lqt4intf
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt4intf

I next tried to compile the source for 64-bit, using the instructions from the WIki on my OpenSUSE x86_64 10.3 system, but was unsucessful.
  http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Qt_Interface#Compiling_the_bindings
 >./configure make
     bash: ./configure: No such file or directory
 ./compile_lib.bash
bash: ./compile_lib.bash: /bin/env: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Is it possible that the qt bindings website could also distribute 64-bit code?