[Qt] Please version the libqt4intf.so!

Den Jean Den.Jean at telenet.be
Mon Aug 17 22:57:46 CEST 2009

> I try to package the libqt4intf.so library for Ubuntu, so that we can
> create Lazarus Qt4 applications on that platform. (The package will then be
nice
> available in Debian too)
> But unfortunately the library is not versioned, which gives me the lintian
> (a package-checking application for Debian) error
> shlib-without-versioned-soname usr/lib/libqt4intf.so.1.70 libqt4intf.so
> Could you please version the library to make the maintaining easier?

the problem is that the version stands for progression of
completeness of the binding (request after request).
The same version V1.70 could generate a Qt4.3, 4.4 or 4.5 binary lib.
(Qt 4.3 not needed anymore I guess)

should we do something like
	Qt4.5:  libqt4intf.so.5.70
        Qt4.4:  libqt4intf.so.4.70

Or just start recounting, V2.1 (and omit the 2 part in the lib)
	Qt4.5:  libqt4intf.so.5.1
        Qt4.4:  libqt4intf.so.4.1

or put the Qt version numbers together:
	Qt4.5:  libqt45intf.so.1
        Qt4.4:  libqt44intf.so.1

or put all version numbers at the end
(could generate confusion when I restart numbering with Qt versioning Qt4.5.1)
	Qt4.5:  libqtintf.so.4.5.1
        Qt4.4:  libqtintf.so.4.4.1

or simply
	Qt4.5:  libqt4intf.so.5_1.70 -> libqt4intf.so.5
	Qt4.4:  libqt4intf.so.4_1.70 -> libqt4intf.so.4

open for input, I prefer last solution

I will need to modify qt4.pas ofcourse to search
for the correct libqt4intf.so.x_y
so this is only possible for future versions.

old versions can be package liked this (no help from me needed):
	Qt4.5:  libqt4intf.so.5_1.70 -> libqt4intf.so
	Qt4.4:  libqt4intf.so.4_1.70 -> libqt4intf.so
       (conflict ofcourse, not able to install both packages)