[Qt] is it possible to call private grabMouseWhileInWindow function?

Paul Ishenin webpirat at mail.ru
Thu Jan 1 16:43:21 CET 2009

Hello, Items specific to the Qt widget set

Qt mouse grab is very heavy. On windows it can grab input so that only
ctrl+alt+del can unlock this grab. Qt installs windows hook which is imo
a very big hack. LCL uses mouse grabs often and we dont need so heavy
grabs since LCL can lock the whole system with them. At the same moment
qt guys uses grabMouseWhileInWindow for their tasks. Can we publish this
function in the bindings library then I will use it for windows-qt
application.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.