[Qt] My account and problems with lazarus/ qt embedded

Patrick Dohrmann pdo at tu-clausthal.de
Sun Jan 4 13:48:43 CET 2009

Hi,

i have already subscribeded correctly to your mailing list twice and
posted several times, but i only got a automatic generated mail response
saying that i am unknown to the mailing list and that my post maybe gets
published or i will be ignored by the lists admin. But all means a
further reply on that mail held off.

I need help with my problem and nobody can help me. It seems even not
the providers of the binding =/ Sorry I have to say that, but no
response in a month is a bit slow, because the mailing list seems to be
used everyday as i can see.

I'd like to use qt/embedded for lazarus on my i386 Linux Ubuntu/Gutsy.
Qt/Embedded is needed because i would like to use the framebuffer and
not the xServer.
Unfortunately something has gone wrong. I downloaded and installed/made
Qt/Embedded, Lazarus (svn, latest), FPC (sourceforge, latest), binding
for qt/embedded (compiled sources and generated a libqt4intf.so, copied
to usr/local/lib, ran ldconfig ...).

At the time i build lazarus using "make clean all LCL_PLATFORM=qt
OPT='-dUSE_QT_44'" i get:
/opt/lazarus/lcl/units/i386-linux/qt/qtwidgets.o: In function
`TQTWIDGET__SHOW':
qtwidgets.pas:2708: undefined reference to `qtx11waitforwindowmanager'
/opt/lazarus/lcl/units/i386-linux/qt/qtwidgets.o: In function
`TQTWIDGET__SHOWNORMAL':
qtwidgets.pas:2719: undefined reference to `qtx11waitforwindowmanager'
/opt/lazarus/lcl/units/i386-linux/qt/qtwidgets.o: In function
`TQTWIDGET__SHOWMINIMIZED':
qtwidgets.pas:2730: undefined reference to `qtx11waitforwindowmanager'
/opt/lazarus/lcl/units/i386-linux/qt/qtwidgets.o: In function
`TQTWIDGET__SHOWMAXIMIZED':
qtwidgets.pas:2741: undefined reference to `qtx11waitforwindowmanager'
/opt/lazarus/lcl/units/i386-linux/qt/qtwidgets.o: In function
`TQTWIDGET__SETVISIBLE':
qtwidgets.pas:3000: undefined reference to `qtx11waitforwindowmanager'
/usr/bin/../lib/libqt4intf.so: undefined reference to
`QGridLayout::itemAtPosition(int, int) const'
/usr/bin/../lib/libqt4intf.so: undefined reference to
`QPrintPreviewWidget::setViewMode(QPrintPreviewWidget::ViewMode)'
/usr/bin/../lib/libqt4intf.so: undefined reference to
`QLocale::toDate(QString const&, QLocale::FormatType) const'
/usr/bin/../lib/libqt4intf.so: undefined reference to
`QFileDialog::setNameFilterDetailsVisible(bool)'
/usr/bin/../lib/libqt4intf.so: undefined reference to
`QStyledItemDelegate::QStyledItemDelegate(QObject*)'
and so on
make[2]: *** [lazarus] Fehler 1
make[1]: *** [ide] Fehler 2
make: *** [ide] Fehler 2

I used the installation guide on the Lazarus wiki and a "nice tutorial"
(link provided in first mail of december). Both guides are quite similar.

What can I possibly have done wrong or is there something with the linker?

I would be thankful for a response not generated by an automatic
mailinglist program.

Kindly regards,
Patrick