[Qt] Qt 4.5 released

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 01:33:06 CET 2009

Hello,

It's now available!

Differently from my previous positions, I would support moving to 4.5
and immediately remove support for older versions, unless you guys
want to support them for whatever reason.

My change in position is motivated by the new license.

I would also say that we should extend support for Qt 4.5 even very
far after other versions are released, so that this interface may have
a shot at competing with the gtk2 interface. Current the biggest
problem for the qt interface is that we support a too new version so
that almost no computers of the installed linux user base will be able
to easely install the Qt version we require (compiling it from code is
not easy, nor quick).

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho