[Qt] Packaging of qt4-lib for FPC/Laz developers

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl
Thu May 28 10:58:41 CEST 2009

Now with correct address of qt list...

Mazen Neifer schreef:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> I think there is already a port of QT binding in Lazarus. I've located
> the file lazrus/lcl/interfaces/qt/qt44.pas which seems to provide an
> interface for qtlib.
>
> In order to save effort, I propose to collaborate together with the
> maintainer of this file and put this in fpc/packages/qt.

Please, don't mix the pascal headers from interfaces/qt/qt44.pas with
the c++/c bridge from Den.

There are several layers:

4. [ qtint.pas ] -> main unit of the Lazarus qt interface
calls
3. [ qt4.pas ] -> pascal headers for libqtinf4 (in 4.3, 4.4, 4.5 flavor)
calls
2. [ libqtintf4 ] -> a c++ / c library to flatten the c++ qt core libs
calls
1. [ qt core libs ] <- created by TrollTech

1. is available in most distroes
2. is created by Den Jean and packaged by Matthias
3. is distributed with Lazarus, but can be moved to fpc/packages/qt in
the future
4. is part of Lazarus: the LCL interface with QT.

Vincent

C.C. to qt list to get input from lazarus qt maintainers