[Qt] Qt for VC++ 2008

Marcin Dębicki alterfenix at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 16:45:00 CET 2010

2010/1/3 Ge592 <Ge592 at telenet.be>:
> On Saturday 02 January 2010 23:14:32 Marcin Dębicki wrote:
>> unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static
>> struct QMetaObject const QObject::staticMetaObject"
>> (__imp_?staticMetaObject at QObject@@2UQMetaObject@@B)
>>
> I do not have/use VC++, but it seems you did not set
> up your project to link with the Qt Libraries
> and where these libraries are.
I did and that's why I am surprised that it doesn't work

> But if you can hold your breath for a while,
> I will release a new version that uses qmake
> for compilation. It should be easier then to compile with VC.
Yes it is. I have downloaded test version of it and right now the
problem is only with linking content of qlclmessageevent_c.cpp so it's
a huge improvement in comparison to what was before:-)

> But it is not clear to me why you want to compile with VC,
> if the intent is to create pascal programs.
It's very simple. If you go to qtsoftware.com you'll see that there
are 2 compilations of Qt for Windows available. One compiled with gcc
and the other one with VC++ 2008. Point is that this second one is
simply alot smaller like for instance size of qwebkit.dll is smaller
by almost 50%. Rest of libraries are usually smaller by approximately
20-30% which means that using it in case of Windows applications may
be a little bit more efficient like for example smaller setup files
and so on. Also I am not sure about that but once I ran a few demos
delivered with it it seems that memory requirement is a little bit
smaller (I have tried both Qt compilations).