[Qt] Qt4Pas 2.2 release date

Den Jean Den.Jean at telenet.be
Sun Jun 27 20:44:40 CEST 2010

On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 20:22:53 +0200, Den Jean <Den.Jean at telenet.be> wrote:
> On Saturday 26 June 2010 20:01:47 Matthias Klumpp wrote:
>> different DLL created for Maemo/MeeGo? The I'll have to create two
>> packages.
>>
> yes,  I cannot merge the maemo code with the rest of the platforms
> because the maemo qt is a different source tar.
Then I have some questions:
>  1) Will Lazarus support the Maemo version as a new widgetset type?
Maemo Qt is just another style, touch friendly, of Qt, a new widget type
is overkill. Given the small screen real estate, not being able to use
the form editor is not really that bad. You can use the form
editor and run the app with the plastik style, it will be pixel perfect,
only not very touch screen finger friendly

>  2) Will the name of the Maemo version and the normal Qt version be
> different, so that both libs can be installed parallel?
No, for the moment I could not even install Qt Maemo on a normal
desktop and vice versa is useless. I hope that with the next Qt
version, the Maemo source is just nicely integrated in one Qt everywhere
source tarball.

>  3) Does the Maemo version work with MeeGo too?
I do not have a MeeGo device nor is a usable Phone MeeGo released yet.
The current MeeGo is probably Qt 4.6.2, so then answer is yes,
but MeeGo is rpm and not deb.
I haven't tried MeeGo yet, so I am not 100% sure. Nokia will not
create a MeeGo for N900, but the community is looking into that, if
a usable (phone/gps/wifi/...) MeeGo gets released, I might try to install
it on my N900 and create a MeeGo Free Pascal Qt binding.
>  4) Will the Mameo and normal version be published in one upstream source
> tarball?
See above,

> There's a MeeGo working group in Debian, FPC apps for this platform would
> be very interesting. But if I can create a package for MeeGo depends on the
> questions above, important is if Lazarus will support it and if both libs
> can be installed at the same time.
again, Qt Maemo did not install on a regular desktop linux, embedded
OpenGL-ES was needed. Installing regular Qt on Maemo does not work either.

Thanks!