[Qt] QT binding anomalies

Juha Manninen juha.manninen at phnet.fi
Fri Mar 5 08:32:35 CET 2010

Zeljko:

I closed issue 0015744: QT version of Lazarus gives Access Violation when
deleting items from Watches list during debugging.

Thanks for fixing it!

Now, I would like to know what was the fundamental difference between our QT
libs? Is it just a version difference? If so, then it is OK.
However I understood you had tested QT4.6 already before it was published.
I tested with QT4.5 and QT4.6 myself and had the same problem.
If there are random differenced between distros or window managers then the
situation is bad. The bindings will never work correctly everywhere.

There were other similar differences between our systems, like the editor
cursor which disappeared after scroll. Finally you fixed it so I guess you
could reproduce it, too. What was the difference then?

The issue
"0015885: QT Combobox flickers when updating items list"
still remains. I don't know if a screencast can catch it but it is very
obvious. I must believe it doesn't happen in your system if you don't see it.
I am already propared to test the original QT lib from Nokia (in case OpenSuse
has tweaked it) and test a different window manager.
It just feels strange because my system has no other problems related to
drawing.

Regards,
Juha