[Qt] QT binding anomalies

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Fri Mar 5 18:41:44 CET 2010

On Friday 05 March 2010 18:06, Juha Manninen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > no, seem that FDropList doesn't attach signals, but FLineEdit do that, so
> > you can test
> >
> > procedure TQtLineEdit.SignalTextChanged(p1: PWideString); cdecl;
> > var
> >   Msg: TLMessage;
> > begin
> >   FillChar(Msg, SizeOf(Msg), #0);
> >   Msg.Msg := CM_TEXTCHANGED;
> >
> >   DeliverMessage(Msg); <---- comment this and see if it still flickers
> > end;
>
> Well, this fix looked so good that I was sure it works but no...
> The same flicker is still there.
> I also tried the earlier changes but no difference.
> I will debug the code some more. I am quite sure it is related to the edit
> control. I just don't know this code well and have to guess a lot.

Even with this change in your example there's no flicking on my machine

procedure TForm1.FillItems(Num: integer);
var
  s: String;
  i: integer;
begin
  s:=IntToStr(Num);
  sl.Clear;
  sl.Append('First item'+s);
  sl.Append('Other one'+s);
  sl.Append('And more'+s);
  sl.Append('Final'+s);

  for i := 0 to 5000 do  // ADD MORE ITEMS TO SEE FLICK ... BUT NO FLICKING
    sl.Append('Item '+IntToStr(i));

end;