[Qt] libQt4Pas on Ubuntu

Matthias Klumpp matthias at nlinux.org
Fri Apr 8 20:30:57 CEST 2011

Hi!
On Fri, 8 Apr 2011 20:04:09 +0200, Den Jean <Den.Jean at telenet.be> wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 April 2011 14:10:54 Matthias Klumpp wrote:
>> I applied the attached patch to the Debian and Ubuntu packages, which
>> adds
> you might consider cleaning up the patch (not for me, but for Debian)
It just removes blank spaces at the end of lines - not dramatic, but
right, I'll better clean it up.

>> the -mstackrealign flag if an x86_64 or x86 platform is detected, as
this
> I found x86_64 in the Qt source code, but x86 ??? Did you test this :-)
> I tried on 32bit linux and got i686.
> Reading the qt source code I see why: qmake/project.cpp
Oh, really ugly! I relied on a mailing list positing of a Qt dev, but just
"x86" does not work indeed.

>> GCC flag is not available for other targets than these two.
> Good that you noticed that. Does the compiling fail on other
architectures
> ?
> Or do you just get a warning ?
It fails, otherwise this patch would not have been necessary. (The first
try broke all builds :( But the GCC docs say clearly this should only be
used on x86_64 and x86)

> However using QMAKE_HOST.arch will cause problems when cross compiling.
> see: http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-9160
Okay... This is no problem for Debian, but if there's a more sane
solution, I'm happy to add it.

>> You might want to add it to the upstream sources too.
> I had already added mstackrealign in all cases,
> I will now use : 86 as keyword, I hope there is no
> other architecture that has 86 in it
Can you do a bugfix upstream release or send me this patch or point me to
your VCS if there is any?

Thanks!
   Matthias