[Qt] Problem with Qt binding v2.4

Den Jean Den.Jean at telenet.be
Thu Aug 18 21:13:32 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 17 August 2011 13:23:29 Trx TX wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I am trying to switch to version 2.4, i have compiled it for ARM in
> scratchbox for Harmattan which has Qt libs version 4.7.2. Library was
Compiling the binding (c++ code) in scratchbox is fine.
> compiled with success, but when i try to compile a simple project in
> Lazarus that uses Qt widgetset i get the following error :
I hope you do not do this in scratchbox, scratchbox tries to
foul the compilers, it does not work with fpc.
> Free Pascal Compiler version 2.7.1 [2011/08/03] for arm
> Copyright (c) 1993-2011 by Florian Klaempfl and others
> Target OS: Linux for ARMEL
> Compiling test.lpr
> Assembling test
> Compiling resource /home/trx/n950/test/lib/arm-linux/test.or
> Linking test
> /home/trx/lazarus/fpc/libcross_meego/libQt4Pas.so: undefined reference to
> `QTextBlock::isValid() const' test.lpr(22) Error: Error while linking
Strange, that function is inline, can you provide me the definition of it in
the qt headers. In Desktop Qt 4.5 and 4.7 it is:

from header qt-all-opensource-src-4.5.3/src/gui/text/qtextobject.h:

class Q_GUI_EXPORT QTextBlock
{
...snip...
    inline bool isValid() const { return p != 0 && n != 0; }

Therefore I do not expect this symbol to be present in any Qt lib.

> Any idea what this error might be about?
Can you also detail your setup (I am curious)
I see meego but also harmattan, I have no harmattan experience,
but I suppose it is like fremantle and therefore not binary compatible
with hardfloat meego ?!

regards,

Den Jean