[Qt] How to compile qt bindings

Johan Kotze jkotze at novell.com
Thu Dec 1 11:17:17 CET 2011

I am trying to run the Lazarus IDE in with the qt widget set as I am using openSuSE 11.4 (64bit) with KDE. I successfully compiled Lazarus for QT, but when I start it, it crashes with the following error:

TLazarusManager.Run starting /home/jkotze/.lazarus/bin/lazarus ...
TMainIDE.ParseCmdLineOptions:
  PrimaryConfigPath="/home/jkotze/.lazarus"
  SecondaryConfigPath="/etc/lazarus"
TMainIDE.DoOpenProjectFile Form2:TForm2 TDesigner
QPainter::end: Painter ended with 4 saved states
TApplication.HandleException Access violation
  Stack trace:
  $00007F189EB2F070
QWidget::repaint: Recursive repaint detected
QPainter::end: Painter ended with 4 saved states
TApplication.HandleException: there was another exception during showing the first exception
  Stack trace:
  $00007F189EB2F070
[TMainIDE.Destroy] A
[TMainIDE.Destroy] B  -> inherited Destroy... TMainIDE
[TMainIDE.Destroy] END

Some research have shown that this is most likely due to the libQt4pas not compiled with the -mstackrealign option. I am trying to compile libQt4pas, but the instructions are a bit on the skimpy side and I don't know what to do.

I have downloaded the source and ran qmake - query in the /src directory. That produced the following:

QT_INSTALL_PREFIX:/usr
QT_INSTALL_DATA:/usr/share/qt4/
QT_INSTALL_DOCS:/usr/share/doc/packages/libqt4
QT_INSTALL_HEADERS:/usr/include
QT_INSTALL_LIBS:/usr/lib64
QT_INSTALL_BINS:/usr/bin
QT_INSTALL_PLUGINS:/usr/lib64/qt4/plugins
QT_INSTALL_IMPORTS:/usr/lib64/qt4/plugins/imports
QT_INSTALL_TRANSLATIONS:/usr/share/qt4/translations
QT_INSTALL_CONFIGURATION:/etc/settings
QT_INSTALL_EXAMPLES:/usr/lib64/qt4/examples
QT_INSTALL_DEMOS:/usr/lib64/qt4/demos
QMAKE_MKSPECS:/usr/share/qt4//mkspecs
QMAKE_VERSION:2.01a
QT_VERSION:4.7.1

If I then run just qmake it displays the help messages and make says there is no target. Somewhere there is a piece of the puzzle missing. Any help will be appreciated.