[Qt] Link failure (undefined reference to `QFileDialog_selectFilter')

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Tue Dec 20 07:50:08 CET 2011

On Tuesday 20 of December 2011 03:59:34 Laird wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Before asking for your help, I want to say to the author(s) of this Qt
> interface for Lazarus: thank you for your time and effort, it's really
> great to be able to compile Lazarus projects with a Qt widgetset.
>
> Unfortunately, though, I can't quite compile them yet: after following
> all the steps at
> <http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Qt_Interface#Quick_start_guide_for_Linu
> x>, I'm still having problems - the linker complains about undefined
> references.  Here is the full set of error messages for the compilation

That guide can be out of date (cannot acess lazarus wiki atm).
Seem that you mismatched things.

> Any ideas on how to solve this problem?
>
> In case it helps, I'm running Lazarus 0.9.30 on Gentoo Linux with Qt
> version 4.7.2 and Qt4Pas version 2.4; I've compiled Qt4Pas from scratch

That's good.
in terminal
make bigideclean LCL_PLATFORM=qt
make bigide LCL_PLATFORM=qt
and it should work (DO NOT ADD USE_QT_45 DEFINE or similar those are not
needed), also lazarus trunk is much better then 0.9.30 (a lot of things is
fixed, and MDI support is added).

> but the same problem occurred when I installed the pre-compiled
> binaries.  I've also created a symbolic link from libqt4intf.so to
> libQt4Pas.so as the linker had been complaining that it couldn't find
> -lqt4intf.

qt4intf isn't used anymore, only libQt4Pas.
ln -s libQt4Pas.so.5.2.1 libQt4Pas.so.5.2
ln -s libQt4Pas.so.5.2.1 libQt4Pas.so.5
ln -s libQt4Pas.so.5.2.1 libQt4Pas.so

and it should work.

zeljko