[Qt] Request to add clipboard operation messages

Luiz Americo Pereira Camara luizmed at oi.com.br
Thu Oct 13 13:38:06 CEST 2011

On 13/10/2011 07:47, zeljko wrote:

> On Thursday 13 of October 2011 08:17:27 Luiz Americo Pereira Camara wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>

> > In order to implement LM_CLEAR, LM_CUT, LM_PASTE and LM_COPY under
>
> > LCL/Qt is necessary to notify the widgetset when those actions occurs.
>

> Why ?

To fix the following bugs:

> or better eg: if LCL sent LM_COPY to Qt ws, what happened before
>
> a) LCL already maded copy ?

No

> b) LCL wants to copy something ?

Yes. Under Delphi you can even abort the copy

Under Qt those messages are not handled at all.
They're used to notify controls that a paste, copy, cut is about to
occur. Delphi also allows to abort them. Lazarus currently does not
allow that, but in win32 and gtk2 i can make also make abort. With the
proposed i can make it work also on Qt

I attached a Delphi test program (switch CallInherited). You can also
take a look at example in http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=20330

Under Lazarus it will not be possible to abort not calling inherited in
all widgetsets but can be done using Message.Result at least in Qt, Gtk2
and Win32 like other events. Carbon does not work at all. Felipe was
looking at it.

Luiz