[Qt] Request to add clipboard operation messages

Luiz Americo Pereira Camara luizmed at oi.com.br
Thu Oct 13 14:11:35 CEST 2011

On 13/10/2011 08:51, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> 2011/10/13 Luiz Americo Pereira Camara<luizmed at oi.com.br>:
>> They're used to notify controls that a paste, copy, cut is about to occur.
>> Delphi also allows to abort them. Lazarus currently does not allow that, but
>> in win32 and gtk2 i can make also make abort. With the proposed i can make
>> it work also on Qt
> Do you really need to abort them? ... I though you only wanted to get
> the notification.

Delphi allows that. See the example i attached in previous mail. I can
do currently with win32 and gtk2. Qt would be possible with my proposition.

It keeps carbon/cocoa.

> I would recommend not depending on the abort possibility, I doubt
> about this will be possible to implement everywhere. But the
> notification should work, in principle.

If its not possible there's no problem (it can go to restrictions).
Receiving the messages, preferentially before the text is changed, is
enough to work properly.

Luiz