[Qt] V2.6Alpha

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Mon Feb 3 07:27:09 CET 2014

On 02/02/2014 11:21 PM, max wrote:
> I tested "V2.6Alpha" It works wery well with Qt 5.2
> (only PageControl has problems )
>
> But I have few questions :
>
> [1] Why you change "function" to "procedure" ? For example:
> QHoverEvent_pos , QMouseEvent_pos, QMouseEvent_globalPos,
> QMouseEvent_globalPos,
> QContextMenuEvent_pos, QContextMenuEvent_globalPos
> After that lazarus\lcl\interfaces\qt is not backwards compatible.
> In may place I must
>    {$IFDEF QT_5}
>    {$ELSE}
>    {$ENDIF}
> To compile my application with "V2.6Alpha" with Qt5.2

Den will answer.

> [2] In your opinion what is best way to add Qt5 to lazarus:
> a) Use current qt widgetset lazarus\lcl\interfaces\qt  and all
> difference put into
>    {$IFDEF QT_5}
>    {$ELSE}
>    {$ENDIF}
> b) or Create new widgetset qt5 lazarus\lcl\interfaces\qt5

Will be lcl/interfaces/qt5. Don't want mess like with gtk/gtk2 few yrs
ago.But of course most of code will be copied there from qt4.

> [3]
> Have you widgetset  for lazarus for qt5  ?

Not yet. I'm not satisfied with same bindings (all in one
libQt4Pas)...waiting to see if it's possible to create splitted
bindings: libQt5CorePas, libQt5GuiPas, libQt5NetworkPas,libQt5OpenGLPas
etc....

zeljko