[Customdrawn] Trying "Customdrawn"

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Mon Apr 2 12:58:28 CEST 2012

Il 02/04/2012 10:56, Michael Schnell ha scritto:
> On 04/02/2012 09:57 AM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
>> rpm -e fpc
>> rpm -i fpc-2.6.0-0.laz.i686.rpm
>
> That does look easy, but any time I installed an fpc version using
> some automated procedure, it did not work. Here I would need to first
> install the rpm version and after that return to the svn version, to
> stay up to date with testing new stuff. (One of the main issues has
> been finding and updating the fpc config file(s) used. )
>
> So I really am not happy with killing the fpc installation running here.

My solution is to have two different environments, and a few symlinks to
select them.

I keep the stock installation from rpm's where they belong (/usr/lib/..
/usr/share/...)

I keep experimental things in my home directory: ~/Applications/lazarus,
~/Applications/fpc etc. This makes them writable, and I can play all
tricks I want.

  .lazarus in my home directory, is just a symlink to the appropriate
directory: either .lazarus_9_30 or .lazarus_9_31
Then I have two different starter scripts, which adjust the symlink, and
then invoke either stock startlazarus, or my copy's startlazarus. Each
.lazarus_xx carries configuration information, and where fpc is located,
so I can change things one side without endangering them on the other side.

Giuliano