[Customdrawn] Replace some widgets

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Apr 3 13:10:06 CEST 2012

On 04/03/2012 12:28 PM, Giuliano Colla wrote:
> I don't know if this answers to your question.

Yep. I think it does.

IIUC:

The code in the common section provides the near-user stuff such as
storing the readable properties for the programmer's interface.

The code in the common section does not do the very time consuming stuff
like rendering the graphics to pixels.

Thus it seems to be a quite straight forward (though maybe not at all
effortless) task to (e.g.) do a backend that creates a "remote GUI"
interface talking to the real GUI via a byte stream (for real "other
box" remoting or to remote-control a daemon ow Windows Service) and
similar stuff.

I understand that there have been some effort to do a kind of remote GUI
to hook to a remote control program done in Java for use on Android.
Maybe part of that (code and/or design ideas) can be re-used to do a
bytestream based remote backend (of cause not before the realization of
current plans for CustomDrwan is more advanced).

Sounds great !

Thanks !

-Michael