[Customdrawn] New fast bitmap copying

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 17:47:54 CEST 2012

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 5:09 PM, Giuliano Colla
<giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it> wrote:
> ASAP I'll test it, because on my X11 platform VMG paint time is (before
> patches) 1103-1143 ms, plus 115-115 ms of X drawing time!

Here with the magnifier without graphical border (the default is with
graphical border) I am getting:

X11 event WM_PAINT - Window 48234498, Delay 6 ms
[TCDWSCustomForm.DrawRawImageToGC] Paint duration: 60 ms
[TCDWSCustomForm.EvPaint] Total Paint duration: 359 ms of this
CustomDrawn: 359 ms Native: 0
X11 event WM_PAINT - Window 48234498, Delay 0 ms
[TCDWSCustomForm.DrawRawImageToGC] Paint duration: 62 ms
[TCDWSCustomForm.EvPaint] Total Paint duration: 5 ms of this
CustomDrawn: 5 ms Native: 0
X11 event WM_PAINT - Window 48234498, Delay 0 ms
[TCDWSCustomForm.DrawRawImageToGC] Paint duration: 61 ms

But it still should be faster to be fluent. Right now I think I can
get something like 3 FPS. I think it needs at least 6 FPS. I never
calculated the FPS in LCL-Win32, but it surely is very big.

I do have 1 more idea to speed the drawing: Use LCL stretching instead
of the magnifier stretching. I added a non-LCL stretching to the
magnifier due to issues with non-LCL-Win32 stretching, but now I can
implement stretching as it should be in LCL-CustomDrawn and using it
directly should make things faster.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho