[Customdrawn] Trying "Customdrawn"

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Fri Mar 23 15:59:54 CET 2012

Il 23/03/2012 15:53, Giuliano Colla ha scritto:
> Il 23/03/2012 15:46, Michael Schnell ha scritto:
>> On 03/23/2012 12:46 PM, Giuliano Colla wrote:
>>>

>>> http://www.copeca.it/colla/luxi.tar.bz2
>>>
>> I replaced my truetype directory by this and restarted the system. In
>> fact I see the "Luxi" fonts in the list in LibrOffice.
>>
>> Retrying the test project: no change.
>>
> A new stack dump might tell if we're always stuck with luxi fonts, or
> if there's another offending font.
> Did you keep the old ones, and check if there's any difference (a diff
> should tell)?

FYI. You don't need to restart the system, as far as Lazarus application
is concerned: it scans the font directories each time you launch the
program. Customdrawn, (unless explicitly requested to use native fonts,
but this is still not yet implemented, at least in Linux) performs a
custom writing: it paints the text in the object canvas, and gives to
the X server a full image to display. Therefore it can use fonts X
server is not aware of, provided they're in a reasonable search path. If
you change a font, the new font is loaded when the program is started again.