[Customdrawn] Trying "Customdrawn"

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Mon Mar 26 12:24:04 CEST 2012

Il 23/03/2012 16:04, Michael Schnell ha scritto:
> In fact I found that renaming my truetype directory is not enough. The
> name seems not to matter but the locatrion. So I removed it and not my
> old Fonts have vanished in LibreOffice and I only see Luxi
>
> in lxfontpaths.txtI see:
>
> /usr/share/fonts/Type1//
> /usr/share/fonts/URW//
> /usr/share/fonts/encodings/large/
> /usr/share/fonts/Type1/
> /usr/share/fonts/luxi/
> /usr/share/fonts/util/
> /usr/share/fonts/100dpi/
> /usr/share/fonts/Speedo/
> /usr/share/fonts/misc/
> /usr/share/fonts/75dpi/
> /usr/share/fonts/cyrillic/
> /usr/share/fonts/URW/
> /usr/share/fonts/cantarell/
>

> The call Stack ist:
>
> #0 SYSTEM_$$_HANDLEERRORADDRFRAME$LONGINT$POINTER$POINTER at :0
> #1 SYSTEM_$$_HANDLEERRORFRAME$LONGINT$POINTER at :0
> #2 ?? at :0
> #3 LOAD_TRUETYPE_DIRECTORY(0xb7ca0548, 0) at ttload.pas:262
> #4 FACE_CREATE(0xb7ca0548, 0xbfffee84) at ttobjs.pas:1850
> #5 CACHE_NEW({CLAZZ = 0x838dbf0, ACTIVE = 0x0, IDLE = 0x0, IDLE_COUNT
> = 0}, 0x55555555, 0xbfffee84) at ttcache.pas:332
> #6 TT_OPEN_FACE(0xb7c84a6c '/usr/share/fonts/luxi/luxirb.ttf', {Z =
> 0x55555555}) at lazfreetype.pas:521
> #7 FONTSSCANFORTTF(0xb7fbf0dc '/usr/share/fonts/luxi/', 0xb7fce1b0) at
> customdrawn/customdrawnproc.pas:852
> #8 BACKENDLISTFONTPATHS(0xb7c6c020, 0xb7c841a0, 0xb7fce1b0) at
> customdrawn/customdrawnwinapi_x11.inc:698
> #9 GENERICAPPINIT(0xb7c6c020) at customdrawn/customdrawnobject.inc:88
> #10 APPINIT(0xb7c6c020, {PIXELSPERINCHX = 96, PIXELSPERINCHY = 96,
> COLORDEPTH = 24, INITIALIZED = true}) at
> customdrawn/customdrawnobject_x11.inc:198
> #11 INITIALIZE(0xb7c94280) at include/application.inc:449
> #12 main at /tmp/project1.lpr:18
>

> Hope this helps,
> -Michael

What is apparent is that, in your specific environment, LazFreeType
crashes when it tries to open luxirb.ttf, no matter where it's located,
provided it's in one of our search paths. LazFreeType is used by the
customdrawn project, but it's not part of it.

You may help in two ways:

1) By creating a bug report to fpc Lazarus bugtracker (
http://bugs.freepascal.org/ ) to the effect that ttload.pas crashes in
your environment, when attempting to load luxirb.ttf,  including a pair
of your stack dumps, and the file luxirb.ttf. This will help fixing
LazFreeType. Maybe someone will then ask more details, but it's up to them.

2) Test Customdrawn in your environment. This means that until the bug
in LazFreeType isn't fixed, you must get rid of Luxi fonts. I believe
you may survive without them ;-). Tho this effect you must:

    * Get rid of the /luxi directory which you now have put in
      /usr/share/fonts, moving it to a place where nobody will look for
      it, sort of ~/Badfonts. (better keep it, so that you can move it
      back in place to verify that the bug has been fixed, if and when..)
    * Put back in place your /truetype directory where it belongs, i.e.
      in /usr/share/fonts, but get rid of luxi fonts inside it, e.g. by
      deleting luxi*.ttf, or by renaming all luxi*.ttf to something like
      luxi*.ttf.disabled, or luxi*.bad

If there's no other font which LazFreeType doesn't like, you should be
able to run your test program,
and also the example you'll find in:
  /YourPathToLazarusSvn/lazarus/examples/androidlcl/nonandroidtest.lpi
Not everything in it works as it should, but it's work in progress.

Giuliano