[Customdrawn] Trying "Customdrawn"

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Mon Mar 26 16:30:55 CEST 2012

Michael Schnell ha scritto:

> That is what I tried as a result of your requesting me to test with
> Luxi. I removes all other TTF fonts but the Luxis. So the result is:
>  - Crash with some TTFs but without Luxis
>  - Crash with no TTFs but the Luxis
>
> So - as the Luxis seem to work for you - I conclude that the problem is
> not the internals of any TTF files.

Be aware that Luxi fonts DID exist among other fonts in your system, in
the truetype font directory, since the beginning, and one of them was
causing the crash, namely luxirb.ttf.
I sent you another copy, just to see if your fonts were somehow
corrupted. You always get a crash when it tries to load luxirb.ttf,
which is one of those damned Luxi fonts, no matter if it's the original
copy coming from Suse installation, or a fresh copy sent by me. The
crash occurs when it is executing LazFreeType package code.
Why this happens with your Suse and not with my Fedora may be related to
some error in LazFreeType, which shows with one version of system
libraries, and not with another, but LazFreeType developers have better
tools than us to investigate.

Giuliano

--
Giuliano Colla

Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong (O. Wilde)