[Customdrawn] Dialog problems. attn Felipe or zeljko

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Fri May 4 17:51:25 CEST 2012

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho ha scritto:

> lazdialogs should be totally not specific to customdrawn. It should be
> usable with all other widgetsets too, so we can solve these 2 issues
> separately.

I have implemented Message Dialogs, and now I'm ready to provide a patch
for LazDialogs, but I have a few questions.

1) My plan would be to follow exactly the way of the standard LCL Dialog
unit: it provides a MessageDlg function, overloaded in a number of
versions to offer different options, plus some other functions like
MessageBox, etc. So I would provide our corresponding number of
overloaded LazMessageDlg functions, a LazMessageBox etc. Is that Ok or
the plan was somewhat different?

2) Dialog unit contains only the Interface section, while implementation
is a number of includes. Wold you prefer to follow the same line from
the beginning, or better keep everything in the main unit while the size
is manegeable?

3) Message dialogs offer among the possible buttons also a Help button,
and there is a HelpContext parameter, for a Help dialog. I've never used
this feature and I have no idea of how it works. Do you have some
knowledge on that line, can you point me to a wiki page which explains
everything, or we will just leave it unimplemented, waiting for future
upgrade?

Giuliano

--
Giuliano Colla

Before activating the tongue, make sure that the brain is connected
(anonymous)