[Lazarus-other] Install and upgrade situation

Doug Chamberlin chamberlin.doug at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 19:41:51 CET 2012

I was not claiming there was a big problem requiring a grand solution.
it's just that there is no other software I have ever used that has as
many recurring, similar trouble reports over such a long time period.
That bothers me.

So I was just commenting on the persistent reports of trouble and asking
for a group assessment/comment/consensus as to how big a problem there
is.  Sounds like your opinion is that there is no real problem here,
move on. I disagree. I think there is a distinct problem. Perhaps it is
endemic to a complicated cross-platform, cross-compile tool. Or from
having two tools that must work well together but cannot merge into one
project. Don't know.

I have installed Lazarus and FPC several times over the past few years.
So, urging me to do that is completely unnecessary and missing my
points. My points are not about *my* experience with the software or
solving a problem I have had with it. They are examining the health of
the whole Lazarus/FPC ecosystem and asking questions I have not heard
asked before.