[lazarus] gtk version?

Cliff Baeseman Cliff.Baeseman at Greenheck.Com
Mon Apr 12 10:22:08 EDT 1999

Michael,

  If it has not been done yet I will do it once the ide is capable of
editing and compiling files which will be about a week or so.

Cliff

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael.VanCanneyt@[195.207.84.150]
[mailto:Michael.VanCanneyt@[195.207.84.150]]On Behalf Of Michael Van
Canneyt
Sent: Monday, April 12, 1999 4:18 AM
To: lazarus at miraclec.com
Subject: Re: [lazarus] gtk version?

On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, Mike Z. wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I'm new to the list and have a few questions...
>
> 1.  What version of gtk/gdk/glib are you using?  I'm assuming v 1.1 as the
> current fpc bindings are for version 1.1.

Correction, the current bindings are for 1.0.x.
Most things work with the 1.1 version.

> 2.  If you're using the 1.1 versions, is anyone trying to update the fpc
> bindings for current gtk sources?  I'm close to attempting this myself.
If
> any on this list are interested in answering questions from myself as
> needed let me know.  Or if this list is an appropriate place to ask
> questions let me know as well.

No-one is attempting at the moment, but this is a FAQ.
If you want to start updating them, please do; in principle I'd think
it shouldn't be too hard. The only thing that needs to be taken care
of is that the units be updated in such a manner that they can be
used with all versions.

So for instance

{$ifdef GTK10X}
  { code from 1.0.X version }
  Procedure SomeProc(arg1: type1);
{$else}
  { Code for Default version (1.2.X) }
  Procedure SomeProc(arg1: type1;arg2: type2)
{$endif}

> A somewhat unrelated question: Does anyone have the v 1.1 win32 dll's for
> gtk, gdk, and glib?  These files seem to have dropped out of existance and
> the fpc bindings can't be tested under win32 without them.

I can send them if you want.

Michael.