[lazarus] Where is Classe.pp (lazarus)

Cliff Baeseman Cliff.Baeseman at Greenheck.Com
Wed Apr 21 16:54:50 EDT 1999

I was thinking about this the other night a little. GTK uses pchar or
pointer to characters. If I change the PChar does the label change
dynamically if the pchar changes? I have not tried it so I do not really
know if it will or not. This would really clean things up a bit.

Else I believe I would just create the group on the lower end much like I do
with the menu system.

Cliff

-----Original Message-----
From: Shane Miller [mailto:SMiller1 at stvgb.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 1999 3:32 PM
To: lazarus at miraclec.com
Subject: Re: RE: RE: RE: [lazarus] Where is Classe.pp (lazarus)

Problem: The RadioButton needs to access a "group" item so it knows what
group it's in when it's created.  However, the "group" property doesn't
exist in TControl or TWinControl so either I have to create one (which is
kind of a waste because nothing else uses it) or I have to actually create
the component in the TRadioButton class.

If I create the component in the TRadioGroup class, then how do I know when
to destroy it and re-construct it when , for example, the caption changes?
See if the caption changes, the radiobutton has to be recreated because gtk
doesn't give you the ability to simply change the label for a radiobutton.
You have to set the label when you create it.

So, should I move "group" all the way down, or is there a way (?virtual
function?) to notify a child class of a change caused by the parent
.............Can TControl call something in TRadioButton....

Shane

-- If I had something cute to say I forgot what it was --