[lazarus] Where is Classe.pp (lazarus)

Cliff Baeseman Cliff.Baeseman at Greenheck.Com
Wed Apr 21 17:05:41 EDT 1999

You can try the pchar change very easy create a labelbutton and put it on
main. Then in createcontrol change strtemp after calling the widget
creation. If the latter change shows it will change dynamic.

Just doing a little grasping here.

Cliff

-----Original Message-----
From: Shane Miller [mailto:SMiller1 at stvgb.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 1999 3:47 PM
To: lazarus at miraclec.com
Subject: Re: RE: RE: RE: [lazarus] Where is Classe.pp (lazarus)

CVS has been updated with my latest code with TRadioButtons in it.

Remember that if you create a component, and do an AddControl then it
changes, we will need to look and see if we need to do a RemoveControl from
the owner, then destroy it and rebuild it.  The state of the control should
remain constant because we aren't destroying the class itself that is
holding it's properties.

Anyone understand that gibberish?

Shane

--Nope, still nothing cute to say--

>>> "Shane Miller" <SMiller1 at stvgb.org> 04/21 3:34 PM >>>
Problem: The RadioButton needs to access a "group" item so it knows what
group it's in when it's created.  However, the "group" property doesn't
exist in TControl or TWinControl so either I have to create one (which is
kind of a waste because nothing else uses it) or I have to actually create
the component in the TRadioButton class.

If I create the component in the TRadioGroup class, then how do I know when
to destroy it and re-construct it when , for example, the caption changes?
See if the caption changes, the radiobutton has to be recreated because gtk
doesn't give you the ability to simply change the label for a radiobutton.
You have to set the label when you create it.

So, should I move "group" all the way down, or is there a way (?virtual
function?) to notify a child class of a change caused by the parent
.............Can TControl call something in TRadioButton....

Shane

-- If I had something cute to say I forgot what it was --