[lazarus] Where is Classe.pp (lazarus)

Cliff Baeseman Cliff.Baeseman at Greenheck.Com
Wed Apr 21 17:18:11 EDT 1999

Sure Thank you I would really like to see the code.

Cliff

-----Original Message-----
From: michael at wisa.be [mailto:michael at wisa.be]On Behalf Of
michael at tfdec1.fys.kuleuven.ac.be
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 1999 3:28 PM
To: lazarus at miraclec.com
Subject: RE: RE: [lazarus] Where is Classe.pp (lazarus)

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Cliff Baeseman wrote:

> Here is a idea! place all files in one large binary file using streaming.
> The lazarus app on the first run will pull the necessary files out and
> install them to the proper locations. I have used this type of method in
> delphi before and it works pretty good.

That's one way of doing it. The drawback is that then you get one big setup
file. Experience has learned that many people have problems downloading such
a file, so we broke it up into smaller parts, so people could download parts
at a time. (we literally got hundreds of mails asking for that)
Just what experience has taught us...

The DOS version install program (which can, BTW, also be run on linux now
that FreeVision is complete) has a built-in zip extractor. If you want I
can send you the code for this, so you can adapt it. This way you don't need
an external program at all, while avoiding a too large package

Michael.