[lazarus] How to cast the label of a GTKwidget

Cliff Baeseman vbman at pcpros.net
Fri Apr 23 00:52:36 EDT 1999

Hi everyone,

   I have run into a very difficult problem and wonder if anyone else has run into this.

using gtk I have created a button widget using gtk_button_new_with_label('my button');

Now lets say for instance I wish to change the caption on this button. If I where using c i could just cast the button as a gtk_label(button)  since most of the objects including
button decends from label and then use gtk_label_set() to change the text on the button.

I am using some casting in gtk now but this allways returns nil?  gtk_label(button). The button does exist because I can see it on the window and  check of the button assignment is
showing ok.

I have also tried this with other decendant widgets. If the widget that I cast is in fac a label the cast will work and the label will be set.

How can I cast these widgets.

Cliff Baeseman