[lazarus] gtk port questions

Cliff Baeseman Cliff.Baeseman at Greenheck.Com
Fri Apr 23 16:47:45 EDT 1999

Mike if you could coordinate this it would be great I have my hands very
full with lazarus but am more than willing to donate my time to the cause. I
am sure some of the megido folks will help also but I could be wrong.

I believe a version 1.2 port should be done first and from there we can move
along with the changes.

Cliff

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Z. [mailto:mike at msodata.com]
Sent: Friday, April 23, 1999 11:45 AM
To: lazarus at miraclec.com
Subject: RE: [lazarus] gtk port questions

Thanks all for the help.  It's appreciated.

Development on GTK and the win32 dll's seems to be happening pretty fast.
It seems to me that we should settle on one set of code/dll's to base the
fpc port on.  One of my objectives is to end up with a win32/linux gui
development tool, so I'm partial to sticking with gtk code which is
supported by the win32 dll effort.  Is this agreeable/reasonable?

The win32 dll's are based on gtk/glib 1.2.  Currently on gtk.org there are
versions 1.2.0, 1.2.1, and 1.2.2.  For our purposes, does it matter which
we use?  Or another way, does 1.2.2 include fixes or new functions?

At 08:51 4/23/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Mike Z can you pass that h2c program to vbman at pcpros.net.   Do you wish to
>collaborate on this with me?

Do you need the linux or win32 or both?

Collaboration is great.  Since everybody seems really busy, it might be
easier to just work as we go instead of trying to divide the work up.  This
weekend I'll put a web page together with the base set of files we're all
supposed to be working with as well as a list of work to be done and who's
working on it.  If anyone else wanted to jump in at that point it would be
easy.

>We will have to take the different units and split them up. So far I am
just
>doing a manual comparison to
>the headers this is working fine because most of the units will not need
any
>major interface changes.

Mike Z.