[lazarus] TinitFile Bug perhaps?

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Tue Apr 27 01:41:56 EDT 1999

Cliff Baeseman wrote:

> Michael,

We have got tooooo many Michaels on this project. You can never be quite
sure which one someone is talking about or to. Since I contributed
TIniFiles I guess I'll field this.  :-)

> I get an unhandled exception and a Out Of Memory error is thrown.

TIniFiles uses TStringList extensively. I was just writing some code for
another product using TStringList and was getting this same kind of
error. I reported it to Michael (see what I mean about names) and he
indicated that there was a bug. He told me he couldn't commit and test
it because he couldn't recompile the FCL with the new snapshot. I'm not
sure if this is what is causing your problem or not.

I'll write up a test program tomorrow to see if I can recreate your
problem. The TIniFiles class is right from my Delphi code which I use
ALOT and it doesn't have any problems. I can only assume it is some
inconsistency with FPC.

Talk at you later,
--
Spam. spam, spam, spam, spam, bake beans and spam?