[lazarus] Lazarus CVS update

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Wed Apr 28 14:33:31 EDT 1999

Currently, CVS contains the source that is pretty much up to date.  You can now open any .pp file anywhere on the drive and it'll color it.
I added TScrollbar in hopes of adding scrollbars to my TMemo class.  Though I can get them to appear, I haven't thought of a way to move them when the form or memo is resized so they end up in the middle of the memo when you resize the form.

Currently all you  can do with the IDE is select FILE - NEW and it'll open (not really 'new') a .pp file for you.  You can examine the coloring I have set up, then close the program.  You can only load one .pp file at a time right now.

My thoughts on the scroll bars:
     The method for adding scrollbars seems to be the following :  Create a gtk table, size 2,2.  Add a memo that goes from 0,0 to 1,1.  Create a scroll bar (2 of them) and add them to the table at 0,1,1,1 and 1,0,1,1.  Then throw that table on a form.  The problem is that our forms , by default , have tables attached to them and it seems like you can't throw a table onto another table on the form.

Should we remove the tables from our forms or is this the only way to throw a button on a form and be able to move it around freely?  What is the NEED for the table?  I don't remember why we required it.

I will be sending lazarus.zip to cliff late tonight so hopefully the web page will be updated with it.  Anyone that want's the code sent to them, let me know.

Needs:  TListview and TTreeView created from gtkList and gtktree.  Along with that comes gtkListItem and gtkTreeItem.  If know one claims possession of these two controls then I will do them thursday or friday.

Shane