[megido-general] [lazarus] Portable lib

Cliff Baeseman Cliff.Baeseman at Greenheck.Com
Thu Apr 29 10:33:44 EDT 1999

Why not just join Lazarus and place in the conditional defines for the win32
stuff.

We would be more than happy to work with you!

I understand your position on a cross platform tool ;)

Cliff

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicolas Aragon [mailto:nico at clubdelphi.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 1999 12:30 AM
To: general at megido.org; lazarus at miraclec.com
Subject: [megido-general] [lazarus] Portable lib

[Crossposted to Megido General and Lazarus lists]

Hello,

When I joined Megido project some months ago, it looked great to me to
create a portable programming environment, not like Delphi which is
strongly attached to one O.S.

I won't discuss again the reasons or means to build a portable lib,
because they appear too obvious to me, and seem to be a hieroglyphic
to everybody else.

Now that we can program Win32 GUI apps with FPC, I think the waste is
even clearer so I've decided to make it as a personal project.

I intend to work alone and I feel no hurry to get results.
Features will be minimal: a few controls running both over gtk and
winapi, forms designer, object inspector, and basic database support.

Code will be published under LGPL at:

  http://www.clubdelphi.com/nico/

Megido: please send any comments to nico at clubdelphi.com because I'll
unsubscribe from this list.