[lazarus] Something is wrong with Self in dispatch messages

Curtis White osiriz at teleport.com
Sat Aug 7 13:10:57 EDT 1999

This probably explains the sudden problem I experienced last night. I cycled the
compiler, rtl and everything last night. Then I went in and compiled Lazarus. I
had added a button to the compileroptions dialog so you could click the button
to close the dialog. Before I cycled the compiler and rtl, the new button worked
fine. After I cycled, it now crashes Lazarus when I press the button. I don't
know what changed, but definitely something. Probably the same thing you are
experiencing.

Curtis

On 07-Aug-99 Michael A. Hess wrote:
> It seems that the value Self that is being passed to the TNotifyEvent
> from the Dispatch is getting hosed. Previously this worked OK. Now the
> value in the Self is just garbage and when I try to access it it just
> makes my program core. Does any one have a clue what in the RTL might
> have changed to mess this up? If not I'll try and dig down myself and
> find it.
>
> Check out the comdialogs example to see the anomoly. The buttonClick
> method has garbage for the Sender data.
> --
> ==== Programming my first best destiny! ====
>
> Michael A. Hess      Miracle Concepts, Inc.
> mhess at miraclec.com   http://www.miraclec.com

Curtis White
Curtis White <osiriz at teleport.com>
http://www.teleport.com/~osiriz/