[lazarus] More Native Win32 stuff (Pascal, can you helphere?

Curtis White osiriz at teleport.com
Tue Aug 10 11:48:55 EDT 1999

On 10-Aug-99 Jeff Wormsley wrote:

> This is what I was getting at.  Currently TControl does not define a windows
> procedure, and adding one would mean putting Win32 directly into the LCL, not
> moving it out under Interfaces.  Could it be that the windows procedure would
> be ignored under linux?  Could it be implemented by making the include
> directories be divided into API levels, then the make file specifies the
> appropriate includes for each API, so that a GTK TControl does not have a
> windows procedure, but a Win32 one does?  It breaks putting ev
> erything into Interfaces, but as long as these things are private, and the
> public and protected interface is the same, it could work.

I am wondering if putting that procedure into TControl would really be so bad. I
am guessing that it wouldn't hurt as long as it only calls the windowsint units
to do anything that is specific to the API. If it does not need to do anything
in the gtkint unit, then it can just be an empty function in gtkint. This would
allow you to add the procedure you need to make it work in Windows without
breaking the gtk code. You would just need to make sure that the function made
calls to the windows API only through the windowsint units. Is that possible?

I don't completely understand the problem, so I may be way off base here.

Curtis