[lazarus] Components/Code needed

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Wed Aug 11 14:42:06 EDT 1999

Jeff Wormsley wrote:

> One possibility would be to wrap the registry functionality onto files
> that were accessed like INI files.  The key tree stucture could be a
> trick, but not too bad.  This would allow the files to be treated
> pretty much like normal conf files, in that they would be text
> editable.

The ini method would be easiest as I stated earlier since I have already
written the TInifile and it is in the FCL. As to the tree structure that
should be that much of a deal. It would just be a matter of loading all
of the tree levels into one name and making that a section head Ex.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-SOFTWARE-Lazarus]

The tree itself is really just an illusion.

The other alternative which in fact might be the best alternative would
be to make it be an XML document. Then you could maintain the actual
Tree structure and appearance in the file itself. Would make editing it
very easy. I kind of like this idea better myself since we do hav XML
capability in the FCL now.

Opinions?