[lazarus] Components/Code needed

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Wed Aug 11 16:49:48 EDT 1999

Jeff Wormsley wrote:

> >I think Michael was working on this. How close is it to being done?

I sort of started on it. I was editing all of the .pas and .inc files so
that they didn't need to call the interfaces.pp unit. This should get it
down to just controls.pp using it. Then we remove the interfaces.pp unit
entirely and move the gtkint.pp and it's inc's into a subdirectory of
LCL which would be

   lazarus/lcl/gtk

and rename the gtkint.pp to guiAPI.pp.

Then you create another directory

   lazarus/lcl/win32

and name your file guiAPI.pp as well.

This way when you link your program you just tell it which guiAPI.ppu
you want to use. It uses the correct one for the API you want to compile
against.

So you can see what work I have to do and still make sure that everyone
keeps working OK. Uses clauses need to be changed, files moved, files
renamed, and makefiles modified.

That is why I haven't been too fast at it. I don't want to break things
that people are working on.

As I have mentioned before I will be on holiday from the 14th-28th. I
don't think I will get these modifications done before I leave. So
either someone else will need to do it, or you can just continue as you
are and use gtkint.pp and win32int.pp and I'll deal with it when I get
back.