[lazarus] Components/Code needed

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Wed Aug 11 18:15:26 EDT 1999

Curtis White wrote:

> If it is important enough to everyone, I can probably finish it when I
> get back from camping (Sunday night or Monday evening). Have you
> already commited what you have done to CVS?

I have commited what I have done up to this point, here is what needs to
be done.

I have cleaned up everything but the TNotebook stuff. That still needs
to be converted to use the new SendMessage. I also didn't finish
cleaning controls.inc itself to only use the common SendMessage. As soon
as that is done then the gtkproc file can be cleaned to remove the
IntSendMessage and the IntSendMessage2. Then I would suggest renaming
IntSendMessage3 to just be IntSendMessage or something like that.

Then you need to go through all of the files and make sure that
interfaces has been removed.

Then since the only thing that calls interfaces.pp is controls.pp it
will be easy to remove this unit and change the gtkint name. However you
can't do this until you create the new directories and move the files
there since Jeff is makeing the win32int unit which will also have to be
named guiapi.

Are you sure you want to get messed up with this? I have been working at
this level of things for awhile so I know what's going on.

You will also have to modify some of the initialation stuff for starting
up gtk_init and now win32_init.

Let's just say that this is going to get real involved. Myself I would
think it would be better if you would continue working on new components
and controls and let me deal with this when I get back. Everything will
work as it is currently configured so leaving things alone doesn't
really hurt anything. Shane needs specific controls and it might be
better if you put your efforts into that.

IMHO   :-)