[lazarus] Creating Components...

Jeffrey A. Wormsley daworm at cdc.net
Wed Aug 11 23:49:22 EDT 1999

On 8/11/99, at 10:53 PM, Michael A. Hess wrote:

>Actually Peter did fix this several days ago. If you have a newly cycled
>compiler you will find that this works. I was able to use teh Self and
>Sender as it was suppose to be used in my comDialogs example. If you
>have a new compiler this should work.

Ok, I CVS'd the latest compiler and tried again.  Much better, as shown
by...

IntSendMessage3 - Start, Received (LM_Create)
IntSendMessage3 - Value of Sender = $0043E878
IntSendMessage3 - Calling CreateComponent
CreateComponent - Start
CreateComponent - Value of Sender is $0043E878
CreateComponent - ----------------------Creating component in TWin32Object-
CreateComponent - 1
CreateComponent - Creating Button
CreateComponent - Value of Button Parent is $0043E878
CreateComponent - Value of Button Owner is $0043E070
CreateComponent - Value of ParentControl is $0043E070
CreateComponent - Value of (ParentControl as TControl).FComponent is
$00000E70
CreateComponent - Value of Button Parent Window is $00000E70
CreateComponent - Button Window Handle Value = $00000BB4
CreateComponent - Creating a Button - SetProp
CreateComponent - Assigning window to TControl
IntSendMessage3 - Called CreateComponent
IntSendMessage3 - Exit

The button isn't visible, and has no OnClick behavior, but at least this
part is now working correctly.

Thanks, All!

Jeff.