[lazarus] Creating Components...

Jeff Wormsley daworm at cdc.net
Thu Aug 12 10:41:59 EDT 1999

On 8/12/99, at 10:08 AM, Michael A. Hess wrote:

>Then of course add the DoYYY procedure to the controls.inc file. Just
>because it isn't something that GTK sends back to the control doesn't
>mean we can't add it for Windows.

So it isn't considered a problem to have code in the controls.pp that will only be executed in a windows environment, as long as it doesn't require linking in any windows specific units?  That will make things a bit easier.  I was trying to avoid touching the base LCL code at all.  If I can add properties, messages and events that are only used by windows there, it will make my job a lot easier.  This will give me my state storage that I need.  As long as all of this is kept either private, or heavily commented that it is not to be used directly by applications, then there shouldn't be any portability problems.

Jeff.