[lazarus] New Win32 Installer Now Available!!!

HankC hankc at msodata.com
Thu Aug 12 17:09:37 EDT 1999

At 22:09 7/16/99 -0400, you wrote:

>3. It places all required DLLs into the appropriate Windows System
>   directory.

This might not be the best idea.  If a developer is using the gtk dll's for
another purpose (maybe using gimp or gtk with other bindings) they may
already have the dll's in /win/system and replacing them may cause
problems.  I remember a couple of months ago the dll's were ahead of the
fpc bindings and it was very difficult to get copies of the old dll's for
fpc development.  I would bet the the dll's will be updated again and there
will be a lag with the fpc bindings.  If they're inadvertantly replaced in
/win/system it will cause problems.  I suggest putting the dll's in
/pp/bin/win32 which will be on the path anyway and avoid incompatible dll
problems in the future.