[lazarus] Nearly there.

Peter Vreman pfvreman at wins.uva.nl
Fri Aug 13 10:20:18 EDT 1999

At 11:55 13-8-99 , you wrote:
>THE HOWTO SAID (now I look) TO DO THIS WHEN REBUILDING PPC:
>
>cd compiler
>make cycle
>cd ../rtl/linux
>mv *.o /opt/fpc/units/linux/  <<<<<<< LOOK
>mv *.ppu /opt/fpc/units/linux/  <<<<<<< LOOK
>
>which is obviously the cause of the problem.

These should be placed there and that was the problem you've got. I never
looked at the howto so i didn't know that these commands were there.

>Could I ask someone knowledgeable to review the unix howto on the lazarus
>web page and make sure it is right.
>http://www.pcpros.net/~vbman/howto.html
>
>Now in lazarus:
>
># make
>ppc386 -Tlinux   -Fu/opt/fpc/rtl/linux -Fu/opt/fpc/units/linux -Fu../fcl/lin
>ux -
>Fu../rtl/linux -Fu../gtk -Fulcl -Fl/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.7.2.
>3 -F
>l/usr/i486-linuxaout/lib -Fl/usr/lib -Fl/usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib -Fl/usr/X1
>1R6/
>lib -FE.  -di386 lazarus.pp
>/usr/bin/ld: cannot open -lgtk: No such file or directory
>
># locate libgtk
>/usr/lib/libgtk-1.2.so.0
>/usr/lib/libgtk-1.2.so.0.1.0
>/usr/lib/libgtk.so.1
>/usr/lib/libgtk.so.1.0.6
>/usr/lib/libgtkxmhtml.so.1
>/usr/lib/libgtkxmhtml.so.1.0.1
>
>so... what ails me now?
>Sounds like a makefile problem, any ideas?

Nopez, it's a general problem for your system. You also can't build any gtk
programs with gcc. Becuase your missing the file /usr/lib/libgtk.so
(without any version appended). This is normally a link to libgtk-1.2.so.0

These links are normally installed when you install the development
package. (at least thats the case under debian, i don't know the RH
packages). When you think about it it's also reasonable that you need the
development package installed because you're developping using gtk.