[lazarus] FPC Comment handling

Jeff Wormsley daworm at cdc.net
Mon Aug 16 20:52:00 EDT 1999

I have noticed that one of my favorite debugging methods doesn't work in FPC.  It involves the way I comment test code for easy inclusion/exclusion.  What I do is this:

{!}{ SomeVar := SomeValue;{}

to comment the code out, and then

{!}  SomeVar := SomeValue;{}

to put it in.  This way only one character needs typing to put in or take out a piece of test code.  I use the {!} as a search parameter to find all of my debugging code for later inclusion or removal.

Unfortunately, FPC objects to having a { {} type construct, and instead wants { } only.

Where possible, I have changed to {!}// but this is only good for one liners, obviously.

This is just a comment (no pun intended), and not really a bug, I suppose, although it works in Delphi.

Jeff.